Food Review: M&M Cookies
Updated: Apr 22
Everyone knows that it has been fairly difficult to go out and enjoy the things we all used to love because of quarantine. It’s also been a bit harder to get to places because it’s been a bit more busy during such hectic times. That being said, for this edition of The Windjammer’s food review, I decided to do something a little bit different than what is usually done. Instead of going to a restaurant, I found a recipe for M&M cookies with ingredients I already had in my home. It was originally a chocolate chip cookie recipe but I decided to put a little spin on it and make them with M&Ms, mainly because I was making this batch of cookies for my boyfriend since it’s his favorite chocolate.
The cookie recipe consists of these ingredients:
1 cup of melted brown butter, 2 and ⅓ cups of flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/2 a teaspoon of sea salt, 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 2 eggs, and 1 cup of M&Ms.
Directions: 1.Melt your butter until it turns brown.
2. In a bowl you are going to combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl you are going to combine your sugars.
4. Mix the ingredients in their separate bowls.
5. Pour your melted butter into the sugar mixture and mix.
6. Add your vanilla to the sugar mixture.
7. Put your eggs into the same mixture and mix a little at a time.
8. Start adding your dry ingredients into the sugar mixture a little at a time.
9. Once all the ingredients are mixed together, add your M&Ms.
10. Mix it all together and bake your cookies at 375 degrees in the oven for about 12 minutes.
Each batch makes around twenty cookies. They were hard on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside. They could've used a bit more M&Ms since many of the cookies were without the chocolate. The cookies were honestly the best I have ever tasted, and I’m not just saying that. I've tried many cookies in my lifetime, and these have to be the best. It’s so simple to make as well. I recommend making these cookies at least once in your life because they are just that good! You can also try them in many different ways such as ice cream sandwiches and using them as toppings for milkshakes!